Ancestral Fires: Contact
Day 4: Personal Homework
• Tonight, once the moon is out, find a quiet place out in nature where you have full view of Dahitáá (Grandmother Moon). Take a medium size mirror with you (in the old days a small body of water was always the selected site. If there is one available near you, this is the preferred tool).
• Then sit on the ground, keeping your spine straight. Do not lie down or fall asleep.
• Watch the moon in the mirror. That’s right, look in the mirror, not the sky to watch Grandmother. Feel Changing Mother, the subtle pressure as she holds you in her lap.
• Breathe slowly and deeply. With each breath notice the energetic glow that surrounds Dahitáá, feel the energy flowing into your body.
• Concentrate on the pulsing energy of the moon and the rhythm of your breath. Are you breathing in time to her pulsations, or is she pulsating in time to your breathing? Release the need to understand what is happening and why.
• FOCUS ON THE MIRROR IMAGE OF THE MOON. Now look at YOUR reflection in the mirror SIMULTANEOUSLY with that of Dahitáá. What do you see? What do you feel?
• Go back to breathing and looking only at the moon. Feel the energy flowing in, revitalizing and renewing.
• Continue this until you feel excited and alive.
• One more time, look at the two reflections in the mirror. Stand and howl at the moon as a wolf or coyote might, and jump over the mirror. Do this three times.
• If you find yourself saying, “This is silly.” Release the thought and give control to your inner child.
• After your three jumps go find a nice warm spot and journal about your experience. We’re gonna talk in the morning!
talk with you Manana